Although all these dog breeds differ in strength, speed, ferocity and sheer power, the one trait that remains constant with all of them is their loyalty. A dog’s presence can help protect your valuables when you are away and keep you safe. But which breed of guard dog to get? The answer lies in knowing what each of these most popular breeds bring to the table. Check out the gallery above to learn about the 12 best dog breeds for personal and home protection.
- RELATED STORY: Livestock Guardian Dog Buyer’s Guide
- RELATED STORY: Survival Dogs
- RELATED STORY: Top 5 Farm Dog Breeds
- RELATED STORY: Train Your Dog To Avoid Deadly Snakes
- RELATED STORY: Survival Dog Training
- RELATED STORY: How To Make Wild Game Dog Snacks
- RELATED STORY: 3 Must-Dos When Getting a Guard Dog
This article was originally published in the SURVIVOR’S EDGE TM Fall 2014 issue. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.