Police officers carry an individual first-aid kit, or IFAK, on patrol with them out of necessity. But it is a good idea for civilians to have their own kit handy.
- RELATED STORY: Active Response Training Offers Tactical First-Aid Solutions
A basic IFAK will have the tools needed to temporarily treat trauma from gunshot wounds, stabbings and other injuries until EMS can arrive. Depending on your need, an IFAK can contain a tourniquet, a hemostatic agent like QuikClot, an Israeli bandage, folded or rolled gauze and chest seals.
- RELATED STORY: Critical Self Care Skills And Gear To Stop The Bleeding
Here are some medical tools and carry options you should consider. These might save your life some day.
In the gallery above are five first-aid kits that are ideal lifesavers. For the rest of the list, please visit Tactical-Life.com.
For more information on the kits listed above, please visit the following websites:
- Chinook Medical Gear LEMM-Patrol Kit: chinookmed.com; 800-766-1365
- High Speed Gear M3T: highspeedgear.com; 877-301-2116
- S.O.Tech Viper Flat Individual First-Aid Kit: sotechtactical.com; 800-615-9007
- TacProGear Individual Trauma Bag: tacprogear.com; 561-865-7279
- Tactical Medical Solutions Uniformed Medical Kit: tacmedsolutions.com; 888-822-6331