Are you ready for when disaster strikes? If not, Gunsite Academy is offering its Disaster Preparedness Tactics course from May 16 to 20 and registration is now open.
The five-day course will teach a myriad of skills necessary to weather any storm. Two days will be dedicated to pistol and carbine skills. The remaining three days will cover germane topics, skills and tactics.
- RELATED STORY: Upgrade Your Family’s Emergency Prepper Arsenal
- RELATED STORY: Disaster Prep: Tornado, Fire, Hurricane, Earthquake, Flood… Ready Or Not?
Participants will use their new knowledge and skills to tackle challenging courses and scenarios designed to prepare you for when real disaster hits. They will also be equipped to handle the civil unrest that usually follows such disasters.
This physical difficulty of this course is moderate to high, so students should be prepared to get into kneeling and sitting positions multiple times daily. Light running will also be included in the cross country courses.
- RELATED STORY: Family Prepping Guide for Disasters
- RELATED STORY: Prep For an Emergency Medical Crisis
Duration: 5 Days
Prerequisite: None (250 and or 223 recommended)
- Heavy duty firearm with good sights, heavy duty belt, holster (Inside the waistband holster not allowed for 250 Pistol) , magazine carrier and 6 single stack magazines or 3 double stack magazines.
- Flashlight with pressure switch or a light on your firearm.
- Eye protection (dark and clear glasses)
- Ear protection (plugs or muffs)
- Sunscreen, insect repellent, moleskin
- Seasonal clothing, jacket, long pants, long sleeve shirt and/or rain gear, hat with a brim
- (All items are available in our Pro Shop.)
- RELATED STORY: Gunsite Offers 2016 Class on Home Defense