This article is also by Will Dabbs, MD
Once solely designed for law enforcement and the military, body armor has evolved over the years for civilians. In modern days, its purpose is to protect a person by defeating an incoming bullet. This is accomplished in a few ways, but essentially the end result is the same. The material significantly diminishes the velocity of the round and, in many cases, breaks it up. The demand for armor in the civilian world is high, but the idea of wearing a tactical vest to your day job is not exactly appropriate or comfortable. Here are some of the most interesting covert pieces of body armor on the market today.
- RELATED STORY: 5 Lifesaving Bulletproof Shields
- RELATED STORY: Hardwire’s Bulletproof Whiteboard is Keeping Teachers and Students Protected
For More Information:
- Ballistic Blanket: usarmor.com; 800-443-9798
- Garrison Bespoke Bulletproof Suit: garrisonbespoke.com; 416-566-2041
- Safeguard CoolMAX Vest: safeguardclothing.com; 888-958-0168
- Armour Wear Bulletproof Underwear: armour-wear.com; 786-279-2239
- BulletBlocker Tactical Organizer: bulletblocker.com; 978-224-1172
- Sentinel CNT Backpack: shop.amendment2.com; 844-790-0879
- Multi-threat Shield Briefcase: forcetraining.com; 310-477-0300
- BulletBlocker Laptop Case: bulletblocker.com; 978-224-1172
- Emergency Life Saving Armor Carrier: ar500armor.com; 602-501-9607
- BulletBlocker Leather Tote: bulletblocker.com; 978-224-1172
This article was originally published in the SURVIVOR’S EDGE™ Fall 2015 edition. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.