The PepperBlaster II is a great alternative to a firearm that carries substantially less legal and moral baggage. The lightweight device incorporates two pre-charged cylinders of 10-percent oleoresin capsicum, the intensely irritating and concentrated ingredient found in cayenne peppers. Each blast is effective out to 13 feet and discharges at around 164 feet per second. Minimum safe engagement range for the operator is 2 feet.
- RELATED STORY: Less-Lethal Self-Defense Options
- RELATED STORY: 3 Self-Defense Tips for the Workplace
- RELATED STORY: New Bear Spray Holster Helps Cyclists Explore Bear Country with Confidence
A blast to the face with the PepperBlaster II will result in near-instant incapacitation, blindness, coughing and pain. Ideally, this should provide an opportunity for the potential victim to seek assistance or escape.
Water resistant, compact, attractive, easily concealed and readily used with minimal training, the PepperBlaster II also costs only a fraction of what a firearm might. Check your local laws before use.
For more information, visit kimberamerica.com or call 888-243-4522.
- RELATED STORY: 4 Everyday Self-Defense Tactics
- RELATED STORY: The Ultimate Self-Defense Pistols For Women
- RELATED STORY: 7 Self-Defense Musts For Improved Personal Security
This article was originally published in the SURVIVOR’S EDGE™ Fall 2015 edition. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.