Disaster preparedness efforts should satisfy one or all of the basic needs for survival, which are water, food, health and security. Pre-positioning some everyday items found in most homes can be very useful in a crisis situation.
- RELATED STORY: 11 Lifesaving First-Aid Kits For Emergencies
- RELATED STORY: Top 13 Lifesaving Emergency Rescue Tools
- RELATED STORY: Disaster Tool Kit: Must-Have Hardware for Emergencies
- RELATED STORY: 4 High-Tech Safeguards for Safe Rooms
- RELATED STORY: 10 Lifesaving Paracord Products
- RELATED STORY: Upgrade Your Family’s Emergency Prepper Arsenal
Everything from dental floss to dryer sheets can serve as lifesaving items during an emergency. Learn how to put them to good use. Here are 10 survival items that are probably already in your home and can be added to your emergency supplies to help keep a family or group safe, fed and dry.
- RELATED STORY: 10 Lifesaving Flood Facts
- RELATED STORY: 5 Easy Ways to Prepare Your Pet During a Disaster
- RELATED STORY: LifeStraw: The Lifesaving Backwoods Straw
- RELATED STORY: 3 Essential Survival Products
- RELATED STORY: 5 Quick Ways to Prep For A Disaster
- RELATED STORY: Increase Your Hometown Security to Weather Disasters
This article was originally published in the SURVIVOR’S EDGE™ Winter 2016 edition. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.