While it would be nice to pack everything up to and including the kitchen sink in your bug-out bag, your back, legs and feet might disagree. Start with these bare essentials and then work on the “luxury” items to include. Here is a checklist of must-haves that will save your life but won’t weigh you down.
- RELATED STORY: Optimize Space in Your Bug-Out Bag
- RELATED STORY: What to Put on Your Bug-Out Personal Carry List
- RELATED STORY: eBugout Makes Building Bug Out Bags A Breeze
For More Information
Survival Resources: survivalresources.com; 845-471-2434
Streamlight: streamlight.com; 800-523-7488
Mechanix Wear: mechanix.com; 800-222-4296
Exotac: exotac.com; 888-568-9347
LTWK Handcrafted Knives: ltwrightknives.com; 740-317-1404
Suunto: suunto.com; 855-258-0900
Sawyer: sawyer.com; 800-356-7811
- RELATED STORY: The Ultimate Guide for Navigation Gear
- RELATED STORY: 6 Keys To Finding A Pre-Packed Bug-Out Bag
- RELATED STORY: 5 Ways To Load Up A Bug-Out Bag With Your Survival Items
This article was originally published in the SURVIVOR’S EDGE™ Fall 2015 edition. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.