If you’ve seen Dirty Rotten Survival on TV, you’re familiar with survival expert Dave Canterbury. He’s also the founder of the Pathfinder School, a no-nonsense training academy for those who venture into the outdoors. The Pathfinder School provides many opportunities for you to learn the skills needed to become self-reliant. Dave and The Pathfinder School are dedicated to passing on this “tribal knowledge” of outdoor self-reliance and primitive skills to anyone and everyone who wants to learn.
- RELATED STORY: Dave Canterbury Explains How To Saw with a Plumber’s Vise
- RELATED STORY: Selecting The Best Survival Knife With Dave Canterbury
Dave Canterbury is the author of The Pathfinder System: Survivability For The Common Man, Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival, Advanced Bushcraft: An Expert Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival, and he has posted over 900 videos on the Pathfinder School’s YouTube Channel with over 260,000 subscribers and over 43 millions views worldwide. Now he is currently a co-star of the hit TV show Dirty Rotten Survival on the National Geographic Channel.
- RELATED STORY: Using Resources In The Wild With Dave Canterbury
- RELATED STORY: Build Your Own Bucksaw With Expert Dave Canterbury
- RELATED STORY: Start a Fire With Only Steel Wool and Two Batteries
He recently gave a lecture at the 2015 National Preppers & Survivalists (NPS) Expo in Lexington, Kentucky. Check out the video to see him in action—and you’ll lifesaving tips from trapping and fishing to making shelters in a pinch. For more information, visit selfrelianceoutfitters.com.