If you live in a tiny house or are looking to settle into one, there is probably one concern you might have: the space! Here are several tips to help you optimize space in your tiny dwelling.
1. Whenever possible, use built-ins. Design built-ins with the use in mind.
2. Line your walls with narrow shelves so you can see everything you have at a glance.
- RELATED STORY: 12 Storage Guardians
- RELATED STORY: American Hybrid Homes
- RELATED STORY: Pioneer DIY: Revive A Patio
- RELATED STORY: Sizing Up Your At-Home Battery Bank
- RELATED STORY: 10 Thrifty DIY Home Improvement Projects
3. Use hooks to reduce clutter.
4. Get rid of packaging. Store foods and bathroom items in mason jars.
5. Use the space over windows for deep shelves.
6. Make it easy to put things away by clearing clutter. Only keep what brings you joy.
7. Use the ceilings. We built instrument racks over the couch.
- RELATED STORY: Claim Your Homestead
- RELATED STORY: 8 Smart Homestead DIY Tools
- RELATED STORY: DIY: Build Your Own Tiny House
- RELATED STORY: Tiny House Titans: Living in a Micro Home
- RELATED STORY: 6 Places Evapo-Rust Can Dine and Shine On Your Homestead
This article was originally published in The NEW PIONEER™ Winter 2016 issue. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.