The following is a release from the U.S. Fire Administration:
The weather outside may be frightful this winter, but a fire in your home is far from delightful. Unfortunately, the risk of home fire increases during the winter months.
- RELATED STORY: FEMA Will Host Webinar on Prepping for Winter Storms
- RELATED STORY: VIDEO: Heating Fire Safety Tips from the US Fire Administration
To help you educate the public about winter fire hazards and ways to prevent them, the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the United States Fire Administration (USFA) teamed up to promote “Put a Freeze on Winter Fires”. The annual campaign, now in its fifth year, shares safety tips for you to share with the public to help them stay fire safe.
- RELATED STORY: 17 Road Safety Driving Tips For Winter Weather
Each week during December, January and February, USFA will provide helpful, practical tips you can share with the public through your social media channels to help them make their homes and families safer. Follow #wintersafety on Twitter at @usfire and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/usfire.
For additional fire safety and prevention information, visit https://www.usfa.fema.gov/.
And remember: Fire Is Everyone’s Fight!
- RELATED STORY: 4 Ice Hazards To Be Aware Of This Winter
- RELATED STORY: 9 Pieces Of Cold Weather Clothing For Extreme Winter