LifeStraw Steel is a water purifier designed for the hiker, camper and overall outdoorsy person. The LifeStraw Steel features a two-step filtration process that improves the taste of your water while removing bacteria, like protozoa.
- RELATED STORY: Lifestraw: A Survival Must-Have
- RELATED STORY: 5 Steps to Successfully Sanitize Your Water
The stainless steel water filter straw is only 9 inches long, making it easy to carry. According to the LifeStraw website, it “uses replaceable activated carbon capsule to reduce bad taste, chlorine and organic chemical matter for up to 100 liters.”
It is designed to remove waterborne bacteria and protozoa and some pesticides and chemicals, like chlorine. However, it is not designed to remove salt and cannot be used on sea or ocean water.
The LifeStraw Steel is available for $54.95.
- Portable: only 9” (21 cm) long and 1 inch (3 cm) in diameter
- Sturdy and durable design
- Replaceable activated carbon capsule
- Meets US EPA drinking water standards
- Requires no electrical power or batteries
- BPA free and contains no chemicals
- Food grade stainless steel meets US Food and Drug Administration regulations and standards
- No aftertaste: LifeStraw doesn’t use iodine or iodinated resin chemicals
For more information or to purchase your LifeStraw Steel, visit http://lifestraw.eartheasy.com.