The following is a release from FEMA:
- RELATED STORY: Learn Tactics to Prepare For Disasters
- RELATED STORY: FEMA Releases Updated STEP Curriculum
- RELATED STORY: Raising Survivors: Prep Your Children To React in A Disaster
FEMA’s Emergency Management Institute, in partnership with the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Office Academic Engagement, FEMA Region VII, and the U.S. Fire Administration (USFA) will host a webinar to discuss the DHS ReadyCampus program. This student-centered program brings together many organizations to teach general preparedness to students and staff, and USFA’s Campus Fire Safety Program.
Title: Tools for Creating Campus Resilience
Date: Wednesday, December 16, 2015
Time: 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. (ET)
How to Join the Webinar:
- Adobe Connect Registration Web Link.
- Please register for the event. Be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection before the meeting.
- This webinar will offer closed captioning.
FEMA’s Campus Ready page says:
In times of disasters, colleges and universities serve as key emergency management partners to federal, state, local, tribal, territory and private sector organizations. Natural, technological, and health hazards can all affect daily campus operations. Institutions are encouraged to regularly review, update and exercise their emergency plans.
For more information visit www.fema.gov.