For the first time in the brand’s 300-year history, Sweden’s Hults Bruk is importing two new lines of its hand-forged axes to the U.S. market. The Premium series features six new axes meticulously hand-finished to illuminate the beauty of the natural materials while increasing durability.
Hults Bruk’s Standard series offers seven new axes made with the same high-quality, hand-forged Swedish steel and American hickory handles at competitive prices. Shown is the Torneo compact felling axe that will see plenty of work hacking down small- to medium-sized trees around our upstate New York homestead this fall. The axe has a 1.75-pound head of blasted and clear-lacquered ironwork. It measures 26 inches with its curved, U.S.-sourced hickory handle.
- RELATED: Essential Axe Skills
- RELATED: 5 Survival Uses For Axes
- RELATED: 12 Pieces of Woodcutter Wisdom
- RELATED: 8 Steps to Throwing a Tomahawk
- RELATED: Find the Tomahawk Just For You
- RELATED: Crafting Your Own Axe Sheath & Sling
- RELATED: Sharpen Your Ax Skills With These Tips
- RELATED: Axe Buyer’s Guide: General Purpose Hand Axes
- RELATED: Top 9 Axes, Hatchets and Tomahawks For Survival Situations
This article was originally published in the AMERICAN FRONTIERSMAN™ Winter 2016 issue #205. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.