When hunkering down at your primary survival shelter or base camp is no longer an option and it’s time to bug-out and head for the hills, it’s important to know exactly how you intend to get there. Like personal preparation plans, everyone’s situation is different, and the mode of transportation you choose for your exodus is going to be unique to your survival group and the region in which you are traveling. Some readily available transportation and vehicle-based shelter solutions for a disaster scenario are the commonplace vehicles most of us travel with every day. Others are a bit more specialized. But whatever your transportation method may be, it’s how you prep them for an emergency, and knowing how and when to employ them for optimal survival, that counts most.
- RELATED STORY: Bug-Out Survival Trailers
- RELATED STORY: 15 Survival Items for Vehicles
- RELATED STORY: Urban Evacuation: Tips to Escape a Disaster
For More Information
Conquest Vehicles Knight XV
Motoped Survival Bike
- RELATED STORY: 6 On-The-Go Bug-Out Boats
- RELATED STORY: Disaster Evacuation Tips and Guidelines
- RELATED STORY: VIDEO: Escape to Safety With Bug Out Trailerz
This article was originally published in the SURVIVOR’S EDGE™ Spring 2016 issue. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.