Many people around the world feel privacy is a major concern nowadays.
Google Maps, for example, shows photos of addresses including homes and businesses.
Google sends around cars on public streets to take photos called “street views,” which it then adds to its interactive mapping system.
Off The Grid News has released a way to keep your house off of Google Maps if you feel it is a serious invasion of your privacy.
If want to find out whether your home is on Google Maps, simply go to Google Maps and type in your address. When the map appears you might see a small stick figure on the left side of the screen. Drag that stick figure to your street, and your house – and others – will appear. (Note: If the street is not highlighted in blue on the map, then your house and street have not been photographed).
How to get your property blurred:
– Go to Google Maps and type in your address
– Bring up the street view of your property
– Look to the bottom right hand corner of the screen you should see an Icon Labeled: “report a problem.”
– Click on “report a problem.”
– You will get a page labeled “report inappropriate street view.”
– Look for the words “Privacy Concerns” and click on them.
– If you want your house blurred, click on “my house.” Then choose the option: “I have a picture of my house and would like it blurred.”
– Adjust the image and show Google which part of the photo needs blurred.
– Type the verification code at the bottom of the page into the box provided and click submit.
– Check back in a few days to see if the image has been blurred.
You can also get license plates and faces blurred. For example, if you want a picture of your business on Google Maps but don’t want the license plate number of your vehicle parked in front on Google, you can get that blurred. You can also get your car blurred out as well if you want.
Incredible video footage has surfaced showing a massive crack in the earth located in a...
by Andrew Berry / Aug 25, 2014