According to Soldier Systems, this knife boasts a 3.9″ blade made of Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel with a Scandinavian grind. Meanwhile, the handle has a high-friction TPE rubber grip and houses a FireSteel Scout firestarter, which locks onto the handle and is capable of providing roughly 3000 strikes. The firestarter is designed to work when wet and at any altitude, and it produces a 2,980°C (5,400°F) spark. The sparks easily ignite a stove, TinderDust, BBQ, paper, dry grass, birch bark or any other prepared tinder. As Light My Fire notes, you can gut and clean a fish, split kindling and light a campfire with one easy-to-use tool.
The Swedish FireKnife comes with a sheath, which is made of polypropylene and has an included belt clip, Soldier Systems reports. The blade handle and sheath is available in five separate colors: Black, Red, Orange, Blue, and Green. The manufacturer suggested retail price for this product is not yet available.
* Flexible and sturdy profile-grounded blade.
* Sheath with clip.
* High-friction rubber handle.
* Includes an original Swedish FireSteel firestarter.
* Lights campfires, gas-stoves, gas-barbecues.
* Works equally well when wet.
* Predictable performance at all altitudes.
* Produces a 2,980°C (5,400°F) spark.
* Blade: Sandvik 12C27 stainless steel
* Grip: TPE rubber material
* Swedish FireSteel: magnesium alloy
* Actual size: 225x45x38mm Weight: 94 g
For more information about the Swedish FireKnife, please visit http://www.soldiersystems.net
National Preparedness Month encourages residents to establish the universal building blocks of emergency preparedness...
by Real World Survivor Editor / Aug 26, 2014