Following the January 2010 earthquake in Haiti, the LuminAID was designed by two students who wanted to make a difference. Initially designed to fulfill basic needs for light in disaster situations, the LuminAID is waterproof, can float, and is affordable.
The LuminAID solar powered lantern packs extremely light and provides up to 16 hours of diffused light when inflated, making it a valuable addition to any camping trip, adventure or home emergency kit.
Some features and benefits of the LuminAID are:
- Innovative solar light packs flat and inflates into a lantern
- Ultra-portable and lightweight at only 3 oz
- Snaps to your backpack for charging on the go
- Control light with high and low settings
- 8-10 hours light on high setting for reading and task work
- 14-16 hours light on low setting for safety or night light
- High-efficiency monocrystalline solar panel recharges in 6-7 hours of sunlight
- Floats and waterproof up to 1 meter deep (IPX-7)
- Operates on Lithium-Polymer Ion battery with 500 recharge cycles
- LED automatically shuts off to prevent battery drainage
- Maintains fully charged for up to 3 months when stored
- Made from semi-transparent, puncture-resistant TPU material (PVC-free, phthalate-free)
- Includes easy to follow illustrated instructions
Since the LuminAID was designed to make a difference, it is only natural that the company continues the demonstrate their philanthropic nature through the Give Light, Get Light Program. Through this program, LuminAID products are distributed all over the world through partnership with NGOs and non-profits to individuals who benefit from a safe, rechargeable light source. The product has since been featured on CNN, the Today Show, Fox News, and was appointed the winner of the 2013 Midwest Clean Energy Challenge.
The LuminAID retails for $19.95 and can be purchased on eartheasy.com
Related Stories: VIDEO: Fend Off Darkness with the Solar Air Lantern
Whether you’re in the military, police, or just looking to go camping or off-roading, the...
/ Nov 13, 2014