Montie Gear EMP Resistant Box / Faraday Cage
In this day and age, it’s important to be prepared for any possible catastrophic event. With this in mind, North Carolina-based manufacturer Montie Gear has introduced its EMP Resistant Box / Faraday Cage.
Made from a 3/16″ aluminum plate welded together, this box lets you prepare for an EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse) or CME (Coronal Mass Ejection) by storing your most valuable belongings in an EMP resistant box. The lid and box are connected using three types of industry standard gaskets to form a Faraday cage. The end user can quickly enter and then reseal the box with six stainless steel clamps.
Montie Gear conducted a test on June 13 of this year, the results of which show that you can expect a minimum of 50 dBm of shielding effectiveness from 100 kHz to 1 gHz, with a shielding effectiveness greater than 76 dB at 300 mHz and 66 dBm at 1 gHz.
MSRP is $4495.00. See below for additional details.
* A large, sealed container to resist against EMPs and CMEs
* Three sealing points allow for greater resistance
* Optional MuMetal lining protects from the magnetic effects of an EMP
* Large enough to fit most of your important electronics in one container (laptop, tablet, hard drives, etc.)
* Custom sizes available
* Quick access stainless steel latches
* Easy maneuverability
* Product is locally made in North Carolina from North Carolina and US made components.
* 3/16″ aluminum plate
* MuMetal interior lining available
* Three-way gasketing forms a robust Faraday cage
* Six (6) stainless steel clamps
* Stainless steel handles
* Casters for easy maneuverability
* Built-in ground lugs
* Rugged powder coat finish
* Made in USA – Troublesome Gap tough
Weight & Dimensions
* 40 lbs
* Inside: 15.5″ x 17.5″ x 13.25″ (L x W x H)
For more information about the EMP Resistant Box / Faraday Cage, and the full range of products currently offered by Montie Gear, please visit https://www.montiegear.com
New knife with German craftsmanship, Mediterranean style comes to North America.
by Real World Survivor Editor / Nov 14, 2014