Engineers and machinists use 000 (triple aught) as shorthand for a thousandth of an inch, which has been the high standard of precision tolerance for over a century. Inspired by that ideal, Triple Aught Design, a San Francisco based company, applies thorough design, high attention to detail, and strict tolerances to ensure their products meet your most rigorous needs.
Triple Aught Design set out to create a high-capacity day pack that combined the advanced ergonomics found in mountaineering packs with the rugged construction and practical modularity of tactical gear. The result, the FAST Pack EDC, is 1800 cubic inches of versatility, modularity and ruggedness that will see you through your toughest adventures.
The FAST Pack EDC quickly became the pack of choice for TAD’s special operations customers, but it was rapidly adopted by civilians for use as an excellent mountain ruck for short trips, travel, or daily carry. Top and bottom compression straps allow for easy transport of bulky external equipment like rope and sleeping bags, and you have the option to remove the load-bearing waist belt for use as a utility belt, a first line belt, or a field expedient bandoleer.
Unique to the FAST Pack series is the Flashlight Cave, an external, bottom zip pocket which can be used in conjunction with a gear retractor. Simply attach the retractor to a flashlight, knife, keys or most any EDC tool and with a single motion to unzip the pocket, you have immediate access to these tools without having to take off the pack.
For more information on this and other Triple Aught Design Products visit tripleaughtdesign.com
Specifications: FAST Pack EDC
- 1000 Denier Invista Cordura® Fabric
- Volume: 1800.00 cu in/31.14 L
- 12″ W x 22″ H x 7″ D
- 72.00 oz
- Top Exterior Pocket with Zipper and Accessory Slots
- Two Exterior Side Pockets with Zipper
- External Pocket Behind Transporter Tail with Zipper
- Internal Mesh Pockets with Zippers
- Internal Patch Pocket with D-Ring
Zippers & Hardware
- ITW Nexus GhillieTex™ SR Dual Adjust
- ITW Nexus SR Dual Adjust Buckles
- YKK® #8 and #10 Nylon Coil Reverse Zippers
- Hypalon Reinforced Top Handle
- Top Access Water Bladder Port
- Two Drain Hole Bottom Grommets
- Two Removable Compression Shoulder Straps with D-Rings
- Horizontal Sternum Strap
- Removable Closed Foam Cell Padded Waistbelt with Webbing
- Removable Transporter Tail
- Removable T6061 Aluminum Back Panel Frame
- Triple Aught Design Signature Flashlight Cave
- MOLLE compatible with PALS Webbing Rows
- Built to MIL-SPEC Material and Construction Standards
Related Stories: Condor Pack Inserts Keep Your Survival Essentials Organized
Use one of nature's wonder plants to boil, steam and roast your way to exotic...
by thomasray / Dec 10, 2014