The saying “looks are deceiving” is most definitely true when referring to Sinclair’s new Cardsharp 4.
At first glance the Cardsharp 4 appears to be a metal credit card, but with just three ingenious folding operations the card transforms into an elegant pocket utility tool.
This innovative design is less bulky than traditional pocket knives and its blade is as sharp as a scalpel.
According to Sinclair, the Cardsharp is the first real innovation in penknives since the first folding knife, which has been around for over 2000 years and is virtually unchanged from today’s Swiss Army penknife. Cardsharp is thinner, lighter and due to its use of 420 series surgical stainless steel: sharper. Sharp enough in fact, that it can cut through an automobile safety belt in an emergency.
The Cardsharp 4 features new construction with two-stage, child-proof Zytel safety lock helps prevent accidental opening and gives the knife excellent rigidity in both open and closed positions. The new improved Zytel rivet secures the blade to the body. Next generation, spring-loaded hinges ensure the Cardsharp4 remains flat while in card mode with no sagging. These improvements resulted in a tough, heavy duty tool suitable for most types of cutting tasks.
The CardSharp 4 features:
• Credit card footprint – weight 24g, thickness 2.2mm
• CNC machined from 6082 T6 aluminum metal
• Stainless steel curved edge surgical blade
• Twin Zytel® safety lock sliders
• Next generation, spring loaded hinges
• Rated ‘very good’ by CATRA and used by leading chefs and cooking experts
• Optional custom engraved name/message available on blade
• Manufactured in UK under license from Iain Sinclair Design of London
For more information on the Cardsharp 4 visit www.iainsinclair.com.
Dual Survival's Joe Teti prepares you for real-world survival challenges
by Will Dabbs, MD / Feb 18, 2015