A mother in South Wales got quite a surprise after finding a Brazilian wandering spider cocoon on a pack of bananas from a local supermarket.
While getting a banana for her 6-year-old daughter, 43-year-old Maria Layton noticed the cocoon on the outside of the fruit.
- RELATED: 6,000 Brown Recluse Spiders Force Missouri Family Out of Home
- RELATED: Spider Found Living Inside British Singer’s Ear
The bananas had been purchased from British multinational grocery Tesco at its Pontardawe, South Wales, branch, according to the Daily Mail.
The spiders – whose Greek name means ‘murderess’ – are aggressive and have the most toxic venom in the world, with their bite causing serious injury and even death, as well as painful four-hour erections.
The spider’s nest – which could have contained hundreds of arachnids – may have been exported with the bananas, which were shipped to the supermarket from Costa Rica.
“I recognized it because I remembered seeing a news story about them, so when I saw the cocoon it rang a bell and I thought I should check it so I Googled it,” Layton told the Daily Mail. “… The spider cocoon started to unfurl so I put it in a sealed box and put it in the freezer as I read that that is supposed to kill them.”
For more information on the story, please visit DailyMail.co.uk.
The NPS Expo (National Preppers and Survivalists) is a two-day event focusing on the preparedness...
by Real World Survivor Editor / Mar 12, 2015