Don’t let the size of Spyderco’s Ladybug 3 fool you. This “little big knife” is a fully functional tool scaled down to make transport easy. The Ladybug 3 is potent because of its hawkbill blade.
- RELATED STORY: Spyderco’s Premium Leather Knife Sheath
The Usual Suspect Network (USN) and Sypderco have teamed up to create an exclusive edition of the LadyBug 3 Hawkbill, which features “H-1® steel—an extraordinary nitrogen-based alloy that is 100% rustproof,” according to Spyderco. The blade is coated with black titanium carbonitride, making it more durable and less reflective. This coating is also on all other metal parts of the knife.
- RELATED STORY: Spyderco Zulu: A Custom Folding Knife By Jens Anso
- RELATED STORY: Spyderco’s Corrosion-Proof Assist Salt Knife
The knife is available with either a PlainEdge or fully serrated SpyderEdge cutting edge. The textured, fiberglass-reinforced-nylon handle comes in USN’s signature “toxic green” color.
- Length overall: 4.38″ (111 mm)
- Length closed: 2.48″ (63 mm)
- Blade length: 1.90″ (48 mm)
- Blade thickness: 0.079″ (2.0 mm)
- Cutting edge: 1.63″ (41 mm)
- Handle material: FRN
- Blade steel: H-1
- Weight: 0.7 oz (20 g)
The Ladybug 3 is available at www.spyderco.com with a retail price of $74.95.
- RELATED STORY: 14 Tank-Tough Neck Knives Ready For Any Situation
Add these items to your tool kit and you'll be prepared for when disaster strikes.
by Johnny Walker / Aug 20, 2015