Spyderco has collaborated with Darriel Caston to create the Squarehead. Caston, an electrical engineer, has been making custom knives part-time since 1992.
- RELATED STORY: Spyderco Introduces Ladybug 3 Knife
- RELATED STORY: Spyderco’s Premium Leather Knife Sheath
The Squarehead is a compact pocketknife that does not miss on precision. This knife has a unique share-shaped sheepfoot blade made of CPM® S30V®powder metallurgy stainless steel. The blade has a Trademark Round Hole, which allows for a one- or two-handed opening with ease.
The single-sided, flat chisel grind offers great geometry and strength. It also allows for the PlainEdge cutting edge to lie against the handle scale safely. The Squarehead’s single-sided handle is made from titanium and comes in a stonewash finish. This one-piece construction comes with an integral black strap that can also be used as a blade stop and guard for its edge.
- RELATED STORY: Spyderco’s Corrosion-Proof Assist Salt Knife
This lightweight pocketknife also includes a LinerLock-style mechanism that locks the blade in place when open. Although the Squarehead does not include a pocket clip, it is equipped with a wide slot in the handle made to easily attach to a chain, lanyard and more.
- Length overall: 3.30″ (84 mm)
- Length closed: 2″ (51 mm)
- Blade thickness: 0.118″ (3.0 mm)
- Blade length: 1.30″ (33 mm)
- Cutting edge: 1.25″ (32mm)
- Handle material: Titanium
- Blade steel: CPM S30V
- Weight: 1.1 oz (31 g)
The Squarehead pocketknife can be purchased at www.spyderco.com for $129.95.
- RELATED STORY: Spyderco Zulu: A Custom Folding Knife By Jens Anso
Armscor’s budget-friendly M1400TS bolt-action rimfire delivers all-around utility for bagging varmints, practice and more!
by Will Dabbs, MD / Aug 26, 2015