When it comes to disaster planning, have you considered how prepared you are for an earthquake? If not, now is the time to start.
- RELATED STORY: Get Ready for 2015 National Preparedness Month
- RELATED STORY: American Red Cross: What to Do After an Earthquake
The animated video “When The Earth Shakes” explains that completing simple tasks, like securing wall and light fixtures, packing emergency kits and downloading FEMA and local alert apps, can make a huge difference if disaster strikes. You can download FEMA’s mobile app by visiting www.fema.gov/mobile-app.
FEMA also has PDF guides available for download on its website for preparing for disasters, including one called “How to Prepare for an Earthquake.”
- RELATED STORY: American Red Cross: Earthquake Preparedness
And just because September is National Preparedness Month, doesn’t mean the prepping should stop at the month’s end. Millions will be participating in the world’s largest earthquake drill on Oct. 15, which is hosted by ShakeOut. Everyone can participate in the drill, which will begin at 10:15 a.m.
- RELATED STORY: The Rock Shares His Earthquake Preparedness Tips!
- RELATED STORY: Grillo Active System Offers Early Earthquake Warnings
Streamlight introduced its new models of flashlights and lasers with powerful beams.
by Real World Survivor Editor / Sep 24, 2015