Streamlight Inc., a leading provider of high-performance lighting, introduced a new model of its compact Siege AA lantern, the Siege AA with Magnetic Base. The new version attaches securely to steel surfaces, making it ideal for industrial technicians and other professionals who require hands-free lighting when maintaining or repairing equipment.
- RELATED STORY: Streamlight Releases 3AA ProPolymer Dualie
Like the regular Siege AA, the new model features one white C4 LED and two red LEDs to provide five output modes, and a globe cover that provides 360 degrees of soft, even light. With its cover removed, the light also can illuminate large areas by attaching it to metal objects by means of three magnets in its base. (It also can provide scene lighting by standing it up upright or by hanging it upside down from a bottom D-ring.)
“We designed the Siege AA with Magnetic Base to give industrial professionals yet another hands-free lighting option that is also ultra-compact and light weight,” said Streamlight Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Michael F. Dineen. “The light’s magnetized base offers a convenient way for technicians to illuminate a work area, simply by attaching it to steel surfaces like engines, machines or other equipment. Weighing about half a pound, it also is easy to carry and store.”
- RELATED STORY: 17 Essential New Survival Products For 2015
The lantern uses three easily sourced “AA” cell alkaline batteries. Its white LED features High, Medium and Low and Off output modes, while its red LEDs provide High, SOS and Off settings. Users can easily change the light beam color or output modes by depressing and holding the on/off button for short sequences. The recessed power button prevents users from turning the light on or off accidentally.
With the cover removed, the white C4 LED delivers 200 lumens on High, 100 lumens on Medium, and 50 lumens on Low. The red High setting provides 0.7 lumens and the red emergency setting flashes at “Red high lumen level.”
Run times for the white LED are 7 hours (High), 15.5 hours (Medium), and 37 hours (Low); the red LEDs run for 8 days on High, and the SOS mode provides 12 days of run time.
A battery indicator in the on/off button changes from green to yellow to red, and then to flashing red when the batteries are at the end of their useable life. Battery replacement is made simple by the light’s center post, which helps orient the battery cover correctly every time.
- RELATED STORY: Streamlight Introduces Division 1 2AA Propolymer HAZ-LO
The Siege AA with Magnetic Base weighs just 9.1 ounces with batteries (not included), and is 5.44 inches tall. It features high quality construction, with a casing made from tough polycarbonate thermoplastic construction with elastomer over mold. It is IPX7 rated for waterproof operation to one meter, and is impact resistance-tested to 2 meters. Its included D-Ring on the bottom is spring loaded to fold out of the way when not in use. An ergonomic handle makes the lantern easy to carry, and is designed to hook on any horizontal edge or bar.
Available in Safety Yellow, the Siege AA with Magnetic Base has an MSRP of $53.00. (The magnetic base is also available as an accessory for the Siege AA lantern, at an MSRP of $12.00. It is available in Coyote only.) The lantern includes Streamlight’s Limited Lifetime Warranty. To purchase your Seige AA with Magnetic Base, visit www.streamlight.com.
- RELATED STORY: Streamlight’s Double Clutch USB Headlamp
- Case Material: Tough Polycarbonate thermoplastic construction with elastomer over mold. Available in Coyote and Safety Yellow color. [Safety Yellow color light (industrial) comes with the magnetic base on the light.]
- Base Diameter: 2.37 in. (6.00 cm)
- Height: 5.44 in (13.82 cm)
- 8.8 oz (249.47 grams) with batteries (Not included with purchase) on Coyote.
- 9.1 oz (257.98 grams) with batteries (Not included with purchase) on Safety Yellow with magnetic base.
- Light Source: One (1) White C4® LED technology, impervious to shock with a 50,000 hour lifetime, and two Red LEDs.
- Light Output: Lumens with outer globe removed:
- High – 200 Lumens Red High – 0.7 Lumens
- Medium – 100 Lumens Red SOS flashes at “Red high lumen level”
- Low – 50 Lumens
- Battery: Three (3) “AA” size, Alkaline batteries.
- Warranty: Streamlight’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
This Mountain Safety Research portable water purifier is perfect for long-term trips and it's...
by Real World Survivor Editor / Oct 1, 2015