White River Knife & Tool’s Sendero Bush Knife is a Jerry Fisk-designed, precision-ground outdoor knife. It is hand finished and leather honed, making it a true field-tested knife for survival or general use.
Buck Knives have always been a standard of excellence in the knife world. According to the late chairman Chuck Buck, “Excellence is always what we strive for, to be the best at what we do to make ‘keeper’ knives that become heirlooms.” The Buck Omni Hunter maintains that standard with a fixed, 3.25-inch, drop-point blade made from 420HC steel for extreme wear resistance and a durable rubber handle.
Hallmark Cutlery’s Bad Blood Jungle Commander is one tough customer. It sports a very sharp, solid stainless steel, partially serrated blade. In the field, it performs like a mini machete for tasks like making a fish pole and a spear from saplings. During testing, each single cut took down 1.5-inch saplings with ease. *Only available on the market.
The Buck Commander Antelope Hunter II is a fine outdoor tool that comes with either hunter orange or green handles. You can trust that the finger-grooved, co-polymer handle will stay firmly in your hand through thick and thin of blazing your trail in the backcountry. The 3.6-ounce hunting knife features a 3.6-inch blade made form satin-finished 8Cr14MoV stainless steel.
The stainless steel Shrade Sharpfinger 152OT comes with either brown, orange or camouflage handles. I have had one of these knives for the past three decades and think it is the most ergonomic knife in my collection. As its name says, it is really like an extension of the index finger, allowing for true precision in cutting open a fish or in any cutting job at home or on the trail. It’s great knife to carry any time.
The knives listed below can all be considered a top purchase for your outdoor adventuring and survival preparation. Each of these survival blades would be the perfect tool for a myriad of simple but essential survival needs, especially preparing your catch of the day. If you love the great outdoors, hands-on activity and durable tools, check out these blades.
- RELATED STORY: Tips For An Effective Survival Network
- RELATED STORY: 50 Survival Tips and Tricks for the Outdoors
- RELATED STORY: The Ultimate Guide to Survival, Pocket Knives
- RELATED STORY: VIDEO: Selecting The Best Survival Knife With Dave Canterbury
For More Information
1. White River Sendero Bush Knife
2. Buck Knives Omni Hunter 10PT
3. Hallmark Bad Blood Jungle Commander
4. Kershaw Buck Commander Antelope Hunter II
5. Schrade SharpFinger 152OT
- RELATED STORY: 5 Short And Sweet Fixed Blade Knives
- RELATED STORY: 12 Survival Tips From Woodsman’s Almanac
- RELATED STORY:Lost & Found: Wilderness Survival Tips & Techniques
- RELATED STORY: Take on the Outdoors with White River’s Sendero Bush Knife
This article was originally published in the SURVIVOR’S EDGE™ Winter 2016 edition. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.
Learn how to make the most of a commercial kitchen for yourself and your...
by New Pioneer / Nov 26, 2015