The following is a release from FEMA:
Are you prepared for the holidays? The Federal Emergency Management Agency is pleased to invite you to join a webinar on how to prepare for winter weather and discuss holiday preparedness safety tips.
- RELATED STORY: How To Survive Nuclear Winter
- RELATED STORY: 7 Tips & Tools To Keep You Well Fed, Warm & Active During Winter’s Chill
Title: ‘Tis the Season: Preparing for a Winter Storm and the Holidays
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2015
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. (ET)
- RELATED STORY: FEMA Issues Safety Tips For Hanging Christmas Lights
- Matthew Lyttle, from the FEMA Individual and Community Preparedness Division, will discuss America’s PrepareAthon! and ways to prepare for a winter storm.
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Weather Service will present on the winter seasonal outlook, El Niño and Winter Weather Safety Campaign.
- Judy Comoletti, from the National Fire Protection Association, will present on holiday safety and the risk of Christmas tree and cooking fires.
- Sandy Facinoli, from the FEMA U.S. Fire Administration, will present on holiday safety, the risk of electrical and candle fires, and the danger of New Year’s fireworks.
How to Join the Webinar:
- Adobe Connect Registration Web Link.
- Please register for the event. Be sure to test your Adobe Connect connection before the meeting.
- This webinar will offer closed captioning.
We hope that you will be able to join us on December 10!
Here's a list of the basic gear you'll need on your bug-out boat.
by Real World Survivor Editor / Nov 30, 2015