1. Mules live longer than horses.
2. A mule has more stamina and endurance than a horse (hybrid vigor).
3. A mule is more sure-footed than your average horse.
4. By and large, they are more intelligent than horses.
5. Pound for pound, a mule is stronger than a horse.
6. A mule typically eats less than a horse.
7. A mule a much greater sense of self-preservation. They are always aware of their surroundings.
8. Mules are healthier in general and more durable than horses.
9. A mule’s feet are very hard and tough, and they usually do not require shoes in most conditions.
10. Mules have more character. (Horse folks will argue with that).
- RELATED STORY: Farm Pond Overhaul
- RELATED STORY: Raising Heritage Beef and Bison
- RELATED STORY: Blue-Ribbon Heritage: A Look At The Jacobs Heritage Farm
This article was originally published in The NEW PIONEER™ Spring 2016 issue. Subscription is available in print and digital editions here.
Celebrate the sport and legacy at the National Muzzle Loading Rifle Association’s annual blackpowder...
by William Bell / Feb 23, 2016