Twenty-four Amazon workers in New Jersey have been hospitalized after an Amazon robot accidentally tore open a can of bear repellent spray. The two dozen workers were treated at five local hospitals in Robbinsville Township. One was in critical condition, while 30 additional workers were treated at the scene. All of the workers were expected to be released from the hospital within 24 hours.
The official investigation revealed “an automated machine accidentally punctured a nine-ounce bear repellent can. The can contained concentrated Capsaican, the major ingredient in pepper spray.
Amazon Robot Reign Ended
The fulfillment center was given the all clear by Wednesday evening.
Amazon spokesperson said: “Today at our Robbinsville fulfillment center, a damaged aerosol can dispensed
strong fumes in a contained area of the facility. The safety of our employees is our top priority, and as such, all employees in that area have been relocated to safe place and employees experiencing symptoms are being treated onsite. As a precaution, some employees have been transported to local hospitals for evaluation and treatment.”
Amazon Employees Important
“All of the impacted employees have been or are expected to be released from hospital within the next 24 hours. The safety of our employees is always our top priority and a full investigation is already underway. We’d like to thank all of the first responders who helped with today’s incident,” Amazon said in a statement Wednesday night.
There is no threat to residents in the area and the fumes were confined to the fulfillment center’s third floor south wing. The warehouse is approximately 1.3 million square feet and was ventilated.
There was no mention of the fate of the robot. Undoubted his programming will be reviewed and his memory wiped. Better luck next time, Agent 1348.
Prepare for the deadly realities of falling through ice!
by Fred Mastison / Dec 7, 2018